Established in 1884, Redlands is an independent coeducational Preschool to Year 12 day school offering a real world education designed to inspire academic excellence and confidence for life.
Its extensive range of programs – academic, sports, creative, outdoor education, service – gives students the opportunity to learn, to achieve and to develop their unique skills and talents. The contemporary education program is aimed at developing well-rounded, confident and compassionate young adults who are encouraged to let their light shine brightly, at school and beyond.
The School’s learning program is underpinned by the Redlands Learning Platform which is based on internationally recognised learning frameworks and research from Harvard University’s Graduate School of Education. This school-wide approach to teaching and learning creates a culture of thinking, enabling students to develop skills of critical thinking, creativity and collaboration, to foster deep understanding in all areas of study and to apply their knowledge to solving real world problems.
Students have the flexibility to develop their individual pathway to academic success through:
- a choice between the HSC and the International Baccalaureate Diploma, which the school has offered for over 30 years, longer than any other school in NSW.
- an exceptional Music program, including tuition by leading vocalists and instrumentalists and extensive performance opportunities, that delivers outstanding HSC and IB results.
- a renowned Ballet and Dance Academy, through which nearly every HSC Dance candidate received a Distinguished Achievers place in the last five years; and IB Dance.
Redlands positive and inclusive coeducational learning environment encourages mutual respect between girls and boys and develops emotional intelligence, maturity and inclusiveness, all critical attributes for life after school. In learning together, students share a rich diversity of ideas and experiences to broaden their perspectives and enhance their academic performance, and they gain the experience of leading both genders. Redlands graduates are prepared to make a natural transition into life after school and to confidently embrace the challenges and new opportunities that lie ahead.
The School also offers an extensive range of extra-curricular activities covering all interests from academic and leadership to sport and music, performing and visual arts, outdoor education and community service, providing students with the encouragement to explore their individual interests, talents and passions. Highlights include comprehensive snowsports and sailing programs, a Winter School at Redlands High Country Campus in Jindabyne and an onsite Ballet and Dance Academy.
Redlands is proud of the achievements of the following Redlands alumni who were scholarship recipients:
- Zoe Thompson, Class of 2016. Zoe was School Captain and achieved an ATAR of 99.85. She was awarded an international scholarship to the University of Toronto where she undertook a degree in Physiology and Molecular Genetics and has just commenced her MD (Doctor of Medicine) degree.
- Felix Lonergan, Class of 2016. Felix was Captain of Drama and achieved a perfect ATAR of 99.95. He is a Scientia Scholar at UNSW where he is currently completing his Bachelor of Advanced Science (Physics)/Bachelor of Science (Computer Science) degree.
- Sonia Kalcina, Class of 2015. Sonia was Environmental Prefect and Captain of Tennis and achieved an ATAR of 99.55. She has recently graduated from the University of Oxford with a Masters in Mathematics, First Class Honours, and has now joined Capital One UK as a graduate Strategy Analyst.
Redlands is pleased to offer the following Scholarships for 2022
- Academic Years 7 and 11
- Merit/All-Rounder Years 7 and 11
- Music Year 7
- Ballet Year 7
- Peter Lennox Academic/Merit Year 7 (means-tested)
2022 Scholarships will be awarded based on the result of the ACER Scholarship Test for all categories, as well as interviews/auditions for short listed candidates.
Applications close Monday 8 February 2021.