Our Lady of Mercy College
Parramatta, NSW 2150
Mercy Scholarship for Academic Excellence - Year 7
Mercy Scholarship for Music Excellence - Year 7
Mercy Scholarship for Alumnae
Feb 16th 2018Applications Close
Mar 3rd 2018Scholarship Examination
Established in 1889, OLMC Parramatta is a leading independent Catholic girls’ school which provides contemporary and innovative learning excellence in the rich Mercy tradition. Our heritage inspires our young Mercy women to expand beyond what they know they can be, to lead with courage and act justly to make a difference in an ever-changing world, in the spirit of Catherine McAuley.
A Mercy Education:
- develops faith in Jesus Christ which finds expression in reaching out with compassion to welcome the ‘stranger’, the marginalised, and those in need;
- provides innovative learning and teaching that is contemporary, dynamic and challenging;
- is committed to a deeper engagement with the mission of the Catholic Church through liturgical celebration, prayer, reflection and opportunities for formation, leadership and involvement in ministry through practical works of mercy;
- is committed to excellence and enables every student to achieve her potential by developing her unique gifts and talents;
- is empowering, equipping young women to be critical, creative and reflective thinkers;
- occurs in a caring and supportive environment where human dignity is valued and respected;
- empowers young women through involvement in Mercy action projects to lead with courage, freedom and responsibility making a significant and positive difference; and
- encourages young women to live their lives in respectful relationship with all of creation and with responsible commitment to care for the earth.
The College’s most recent Master Plan saw an extensive building program undertaken, with building of state-of-the-art science labs, a modern library, a music centre, two purpose built kitchens, a new dedicated student services centre and the Ailsa Mackinnon Community Centre, which was officially opened in February 2017.
The College offers a broad curriculum in order to support a culture of striving for excellence. A slow-growth approach to excellence is fostered through collaborative relationships between teachers and students, positively impacting on learning.
Students participate in a wide array of co-curricular activities, extending their skills and knowledge beyond classroom learning spaces. At all times, students are encouraged to embrace ‘hard fun’ – in the classroom, on the sports field or in a debating competition, developing personal autonomy as well as lasting friendships.
For 2019, OLMC will offer Mercy Scholarships for selected students entering Year 7.
Three types of Mercy Scholarships will be awarded
- Mercy Scholarship for Academic Excellence
- Mercy Scholarship for Music Excellence
- Mercy Scholarship for Alumnae
Mercy Scholarships provide full or part remission of tuition fees. All other costs, including resource fees, cocurricular activities and uniforms,are required to be met in full by the families. The College’s standard enrolment deposit and enrolment fee are also payable upon acceptance of a Mercy Scholarship.
Mercy Scholarship recipients benefit from a Mercy Education – an education that balances respect for history and tradition with relevant real-world experiences. Mercy Girls grow in a contemporary learning environment, and through a culture of academic excellence solidly grounded in Mercy Values and social justice.
Applications for 2019 Mercy Scholarships close on Friday February 16, 2018. The Scholarship Examination will take place at OLMC Parramatta on Saturday March 3, 2018.
Make An Enquiry
For all enquiries or questions you may have please complete the form below and one of our representatives will respond shortly.